Jamun has historically been used to treat various non diabetic conditions, as its fruit, dried seeds and leaves are known to be very potent. Below are some of those ways:
One gram per day of the dried seeds in powder form helps to reduce irritable bowel syndrome (constipation).
- If taken three (3) times a day in one-gram doses, it effectively helps to reduce hypertension (high blood sugar).
- Two grams of dried seeds powder helps to decrease polyuria of any cause.
- The leaves and seeds improve the health of the uterine
- Eating the jamun fruits on a regular basis for 2-3 months helps the remedy bleeding hemorrhoids
- The rind of the fruit helps in easing liver enlargement
- The decocted seeds mixed with honey prevents fatigue and thirst that may be caused by physical strain and also has antiseptic function
- Useful as a detoxifying agent
- The fruit helps to decrease excessive salivation as well.
Below are the constituents of the fruit pulp per 100 grams.
Trace elements = 4%
- Calcium - 15mg
- Iron - 12mg
- Phosphorus - 15mg
- Vitamin C - 18mg