Falafel salad bowl, a part of Mediterranean cuisine is made with crispy falafels, tons of fresh veggies, and a drizzle of Garlicky Lemon Tahini Dressing. It’s a’ complete meal in itself.
Falafels are made with ground chickpeas, onions, herbs, spices, and is usually deep fried. I am sharing this recipe of Falafel which is Air Fried. Trust me, you cannot make the difference. Absolutely healthy and delicious.
A falafel usually comes in a pita but then I realized that we don’t need to consume extra carbs of a Pita bread. These falafels are so delicious on their own or arranged on top of the lettuce along with tomatoes, onions, cucumber and fresh hummus on the side.
Ingredients for Falafel
- 1 can (14 oz) chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp garlic chopped
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 2tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 3 tbsp plain flour (for binding)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for Garlicky Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 3 tbsps. Tahini (trader joe’s) or any store
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 3 tbsps. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsps. warm water
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Ingredients for Serving Falafel Bowl
- 3 cups shredded lettuce,
- 3 cups roughly chopped spinach
- 2 cups sliced cucumbers
- 2 cups sliced red onions
- 2 cups sliced red radish
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes cut into half.
- Hot Falafels
- Garlicky lemon dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Directions for Falafel
- Pulse all the above ingredients coarsely in a food processor.
- Take it out in a bowl and mix it will.
- Form the mixture into medium balls
- Spray olive oil and place them in the Air Fryer until golden and crisp. Keep it aside.
- You can also freeze these falafels or store it in the refrigerator for a week.
Directions for Garlicky Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Combine all the ingredients of the Tahini sauce in a bowl and whisk together.
- Add little water to thin the dressing up so that it’s easy to drizzle on top of the pita.
- Since this sauce has a lovely creamy consistency, you can use it as a salad dressing as well.
- This recipe is vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and plant based.
Serving Suggestion for Falafel Bowl
- In a bowl, layer lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, red onions, red radish and the cherry tomatoes.
- Arrange the hot Falafels on top of the veggies.
- Drizzle the Garlicky lemon dressing to enhance the flavor.
- Your Falafel Salad is ready.