Revital (Revitalizer & Anti-Stress) Capsules
Withania somnifera contains chemicals that might help calm the brain, reduce swelling (inflammation), lower blood pressure, and alter the immune system. It is a small evergreen shrub that grows in India, the Middle East, and parts of Africa. The root and berry are used to make medicine.
Withania somnifera is commonly used for stress and it is also used as an "adaptogen" for many other conditions, but there is no good scientific evidence to support these other uses.
Contains: 60 Capsules
Uses & Effectiveness
Possibly Effective for:
- Stress. Some research shows that taking a specific Withania somnifera root extract twice daily after food appears to improve symptoms of stress.
Insufficient Evidence for:
- Aging. Early research shows that taking Withania somnifera root extract helps to improve well-being, sleep quality, and mental alertness by small to moderate amounts in people aged 65-80 years.
- Anxiety. Some early research shows that taking Withania somnifera can reduce some symptoms of anxious mood.
- Athletic performance. Some research shows that taking Withania somnifera helps with how much oxygen the body can use during exercise. However, it is not known if this helps to improve performance.
- Bipolar disorder. Taking a specific Withania somnifera for 8 weeks might improve brain function in people being treated for bipolar disorder.
- Tiredness in people treated with cancer drugs. Early research suggests taking a specific Withania somnifera extract during chemotherapy treatment might reduce feelings of tiredness.
- Diabetes. There is some evidence that Withania somnifera might reduce blood sugar levels in people with diabetes.
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): There is no good evidence to support using Withania somnifera for COVID-19. Follow healthy lifestyle choices and proven prevention methods instead.
- A type of persistent anxiety marked by exaggerated worry and tension (generalized anxiety disorder or GAD). Some early clinical research shows that taking Withania somnifera can reduce some symptoms of anxiety.
- High cholesterol. There is some evidence that Withania somnifera might reduce cholesterol levels in patients with high cholesterol.
- Underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism). People with underactive thyroid have high blood levels of a hormone called thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH). People with underactive thyroid can also have low levels of thyroid hormone. Taking Withania somnifera seems to lower TSH and increase thyroid hormone levels in people with a mild form of underactive thyroid.
- Insomnia. Some research shows that taking Withania somnifera might help people sleep better.
- Conditions in a man that prevent him from getting a woman pregnant within a year of trying to conceive (male infertility).Some early research shows that Withania somnifera might improve sperm quality and sperm count in infertile men. However, it isn't clear if Withania somnifera can actually improve fertility.
- A type of anxiety marked by recurrent thoughts and repetitive behaviors (obsessive-compulsive disorder or OCD). Early research shows that Withania somnifera root extract might reduce symptoms of OCD when taken with prescribed medications for 6 weeks.
- Sexual problems that prevent satisfaction during sexual activity. Early research shows that taking Withania somnifera extract daily for 8 weeks along with receiving counseling increases interest in sex and sexual satisfaction in adult women with sexual dysfunction better than counseling alone.
- Attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
- Brain damage that affects muscle movement (cerebellar ataxia).
- Parkinson disease
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA)
- Altering immune system function
- Inducing vomiting
- Liver problems
- Swelling (inflammation)
- Ulcerations, when applied to the skin.